Rick

Rick
Rick

Sunday, June 14, 2026

Are you team Claude or Codex or Gemini right now?


I use Codex to review plans and review work. If I run out of Claude subscription time for the week, Codex becomes my primary tool.


My daily driver, though, is Claude Code, Claude Cowork, and Live Artifacts for project management. I absolutely love Live Artifacts.


I also use OpenCode from time to time and was a regular Gemini CLI user. I’m still salty that Google decided to EOL Gemini CLI. It was getting better and better, and then they just killed it. Really?


I tried the older version of Antigravity and was very impressed. I haven’t touched the new Antigravity CLI yet. Between everything else available and how disappointed I still am about Gemini CLI, it’s just not high on my list.


I do use Gemini Deep Research and NotebookLM regularly. I’m also a big fan of Perplexity’s Computer Use mode and Deep Research, and I’m even considering buying the Perplexity personal computer.


Claude remains my go-to, especially after Anthropic doubled usage limits following the SpaceX hosting changes. I’m on Double Max and try to do as much as possible there.


I use ChatGPT primarily for image generation, summarization, and getting a second opinion on things. I use Grok when I want to review contracts, compare document versions, or perform similar analysis. I’ve also experimented with Grok Build, though not the very latest release. Of all the newer entrants, it’s the one I think has the potential to eclipse many of the others.


Codex Desktop also looks interesting.


Honestly, it’s hard to keep up with the pace of innovation. That’s why Google’s decision to abruptly kill Gemini CLI makes so little sense to me. A lot of tools had already ported Claude plugins and similar integrations to Gemini CLI, Codex, and OpenCode, only to have Gemini disappear overnight.


It was a bad move that frustrated a lot of developers. Gemini CLI had real momentum, and then Google pulled the plug.


If you’re interested in my thoughts on Grok Build, check out my article and, if you enjoy it, like, subscribe, and follow. 🙂


https://open.substack.com/pub/rickhigh/p/grok-build-the-fourth-contender-in?r=7wi5g&utm_medium=ios


No comments:

Post a Comment

Kafka and Cassandra support, training for AWS EC2 Cassandra 3.0 Training